kek
Sign in to follow this  
Curufinwe

Round VI.5 Changelog

1) The research bonus granted by RCs is doubled, meaning that a Class I RC provides 4 research points, a Class II provides 8, a Class III provides 12 and a Class IV provides 16.  This change may get walked back in future rounds (probably to 3 per step), but it will help balance the research-oriented trait, which is will also be walked back after this round (to 150 percent rather than 200 percent)

2) Ships with the hazard tracker can now travel through purple space lanes in 1, rather than 1 to 2, turns

3) Inspect buildings (faction wide) can only be carried out on homeworlds and/or planets or moons where a Manufacturing Colony or Class IV or larger Mercenary, Pirate or Corporate Outpost is present. 

kek

This:

Tank 
Weapons: Medium 
Armor: Medium 
Transport weight: 50 metric tons each
Range: Planetary (unless transported elsewhere via spacecraft)
Construction Time: 2 turns 
Combat value: 100 points 
Cost: 10 million
Upkeep: 1m per turn

Self-propelled Artillery
Armor: Light 
Transport weight: 25 metric tons each
Combat value: 50 points 
Cost: 5 million
Upkeep: 500k per turn

Self-propelled AA
Class: Armour
Combat value: 50 points 
Unique Trait (anti-air):  Unique Trait (anti-air): Counts as an air unit for the purposes of denying an opponent air superiority (i.e. for combat value purposes SP AAs count as an air unit when enemy air superiority is being determined) but it does not count toward gaining air superiority over an opponent in ground combat.

Becomes this:

Tank 
Armor: Medium 
Transport weight: 50 metric tons each
Combat value: 100 points 
Cost: 10 million
Upkeep: 1m per turn

Self-propelled Artillery
Combat value: 40 points 

Self-propelled AA
Class: Armour
Combat value: 25 points 
Unique Trait (anti-air):  Unique Trait (anti-air): Counts as an air unit for the purposes of denying an opponent air superiority (i.e. for combat value purposes SP AAs count as an air unit when enemy air superiority is being determined) but it does not count toward gaining air superiority over an opponent in ground combat.

Basically I just did with armour what I did with planes to differentiate them a little more than they were previously

I mean really all I see you did was take 10 CV off Self-propelled Artillery and cutting Self-propelled AA in half without even decreasing it's cost at all lol. Basically all this was is a big nerf to Self-propelled AA from what I see.

Feel free to delete this after you read it :p 

6 hours ago, jimmyvbuck said:

I mean really all I see you did was take 10 CV off Self-propelled Artillery and cutting Self-propelled AA in half without even decreasing it's cost at all lol. Basically all this was is a big nerf to Self-propelled AA from what I see.

Feel free to delete this after you read it :p 

Self propelled AA and self propelled artillery cost the same, had the same CV and AA had an anti air function, so there was never any reason to get artillery (except for flavour).  Meanwhile tanks cost, weighed and had a CV twice as high as SP units, meaning that they were basically interchangeable.  I halved SP AA to account for their anti air function, reduced artillery so they're only 80 percent as effective as tanks (which is the difference between fighters and attack helicopters) and left tanks alone.  So there is some method to it :p

Minor tweaks for clarification:

- The protecting civilians option in combat now extends to buildings on the planet as well, meaning that if you're trying to avoid exploding civilians you're also trying to avoid exploding the areas where they live and work

- It more explicitly states in the espionage section that the bonuses (and negatives) for espionage ops on a TC or occupied world apply both on the surface and in orbit

And stuff I've been doing anyway and/or think is the best way to handle increasingly complicated combat situations:

- Espionage always takes place before combat, meaning that if an attacking or defending spacecraft is disabled before combat occurs its CV is not added to the attacking or defending force.  If a spacecraft is hijacked and other spacecraft belonging to its new owners in orbit of the same planet or moon are attacked, the hijacked spacecraft's CV is added to the defender's total.  A spacecraft cannot attack on the same turn it is hijacked.  If a spacecraft is hijacked it can be attacked normally if it is detected by the attacking faction on the following turn.  If it is not detected on the turn after it was hijacked it can still be attacked if it remains in orbit of the planet or moon where it was hijacked on the previous turn.

- Spacecraft or ground forces that engaged in combat the previous turn can move to another location on the following turn.  Any spacecraft that were captured as a result of that combat (such as disabled ships) can relocate as well.  However, if a second round of combat is initiated in orbit of the same planet or moon, any spacecraft belonging to the defending faction that 1) haven't withdrawn or 2) did not participate in combat on the previous turn are preempted by the attack and cannot withdraw.  This occurs even if the spacecraft in question weren't detected by the attacking faction (this is based on the assumption the attackers stumble upon the previously undetected ships while attempting to attack the spacecraft that have withdrawn). So if 50 fighters attack an enemy fleet and 5 corvettes perform espionage against the same fleet, on the following turn the fighters can withdraw but the corvettes would be preempted if they (or the withdrawing fighters) were attacked.

1) Max number of docks upped from 1 to 2 per planet or moon

2) FOBs and outposts are capped at a max of 3 per system

3) Pirate income bonus is .5b per ship or per 2 fighters captured and under their control

4) fighters can pass through purple space lanes with the hazard tracker and lime space lanes with the combination of tech required to do so

5) Selling slaves provides a base profit of 3b per slave ship for both the faction selling the slaves and the faction that controls the colony or outpost the slaves are sold on (unless the faction selling the slaves controls the planet or outpost in question, in which case only 3b is gained). 

6) Factions that allow trade ships to trade on their colony world(s) gain a +1 modifier to their next economic check.

7) Every ground attack conducted on a populated planet will result in the death of a number of civilians equal to 1d100 percent of the combat value of both sides unless either the attacker or the defender is taking precautions to prevent civilian casualties (which confers a negative combat modifier). 

8) Colony-specific buildings cannot be built or upgraded on a depopulated colony, although any that were present prior to its depopulation will continue to function normally (so a Class IV Dock on a depopulated colony will continue to operate, but it could not be upgraded to Class V until the planet is resettled).  An exception to this rule is manufacturing, research, shield or trade colony buildings, which remain disabled unless the depopulated colony is resettled. 

9) When an extermination op occurs a die roll is made to determine the number of casualties inflicted, which is determined by the following formula: 
[1d100 percent of combat value x 3] 

10) Espionage against spacecraft in orbit of the same planet or moon takes place before movement or combat occurs.  Espionage against spacecraft in orbit of a different planet or moon can be preempted if combat is initiated against the ships ordered to perform the op or not take place at all if the spacecraft being targeted move to a different location on their turn.  If spacecraft are preempted by an attack against them, any espionage against those ships is resolved before combat occurs.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this